This time last year, we were having our first bites, our first realizations of distance, our first outings. I realize that I could relive last year almost day by day - a daunting opportunity for nostalgia. No need - I think of Brittany every single day anyway. It's amazing, really, how many comings and goings there are in these cozy, settled days: Mallory is getting ready to go back to college, Grandmama will be taking off... thank goodness for the home-made cinnamon buns, the company, the warmth...
- Edamame mousse on rice crackers
- Carrot blinis with creme fraiche and caviar
- Cheeses: Tome de Savoie, Morbier, Iberico
- Celeriac soup with thyme croutons
- Herb-Encrusted Beef Tenderloin
- Gratin Dauphinois
- Broccolini with an herbed oil
- These gorgeous tarts!